Tuesday, May 22, 2018

NOW SOLD 1940’s BLUE TOP Beer SIGN Dogs PLAYING POKER Kitchener Brewery A BOLD BLUFF

THIS IS NOW SOLDFor sale here is an original Advertising sign for BLUE TOP ALE and BEER. Blue Top was brewed in Kitchener Ontario by the BLUE TOP BREWING Co. from 1937-1952. I don’t have an exact date of this Sign, but I imagine it was sometime in the mid to late 1940’s. It features one of the famous Dogs Playing Pokers series of 16 Paintings that were done during 1894-1910 by Cassius Macellus Coolidge, with the added detail of the “Play Safe Ask For Blue Top Ale or Beer , Union Made” emblem added. This one is entitled A BOLD BLUFF. The sign comes in its original frame and glass which measures 14 5/8 inches by 10 inches. (sorry about the glare on the glass, still not much of a photographer after all these years) I have 3 others signs from this series which I also have up for sale. Please feel free to email me any questions you may have, or if you need any more pictures.