Wednesday, May 4, 2011

THIS IS NOW SOLD Vintage 1968 Fender SUPER REVERB Amplifier DRIP EDGE Original

For sale here is my circa 1968 Fender Super Reverb AMP 4 by 10inch guitar amplifier. I purchased this from the son of the original owner sometime in the early 1990’s. It is just a bit too much amp for me now and so I have not used it much in the last couple of years. (I have a 60’s Ampeg Reverb Rocket whose volume is much better matched to my space now). That being said this is an incredible Amp. I am not much of a gear head but from what I read on the internet these pre-master volume/drip edge grill cover versions of these were only produced during the years 1968-69. It was a transition year for Fender when they switched from the Blackface amps to the Silverface versions. Apparently the 1968-69 variations still used the same electronics layout as the blackface amps (according to what I have read on the internet anyway). Cosmetically this amp is in excellent condition. The black cover is really clean, and free from scuffs or tears. The chrome is still bright and shiny. In fact the only cosmetic flaw that I can find is a small snag in the grill cloth. That being said the grill cloth itself is free from darkening or yellowing. (nice silver/metallic blue colors). In fact it is hard to believe that this amp is over 40 years old. It has clearly been babied and never gigged. As far as I know it is all original. I have changed nothing since I have owned it. It has a AB763 Paper Tube Chart and is serial number A43992. It sounds amazing. Really clean. The reverb is nice and deep. I do not have a foot pedal for this amp so I have never used the tremolo on it, I am assuming it works but no guarantees (the amp is being sold as is). If you have a pedal feel free to bring it along if you come to test the amp. The dials are a little noisy when you move them, but I have been told that the pots just need a cleaning which is an easy fix . This is a legendary amp and once you play through it you will know why. TONE! The 4 original 10 inch Fender speakers sound incredible. THIS IS NOW SOLD href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEihfKSe-1TUvwkj8lTV68dQTH3R6rysriYIXfdi_BGcwEUOcLCvKaAAJ09MC5VBQyhdrXoV__bGIcOCzZhN77bLKVTNjin4KtsUTCxqz_7IvlDgRwOdXYE7tDKn7BrAYfACGoKG4HhI0K1f/s1600/FenderSuperReverbFront.jpg">
EMAIL: the_seeker_kid@hotmail.com
PHONE: 289-209-8701
FACEBOOK GROUP :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7046785902/?ref=group_browse_ne
Instagram: timecapsuledunnville


PLEASE CLICK ON THE LABELS LISTED ABOVE TO BROWSE BY CATEGORY (it makes things easier if you are looking for something specific) The store is located in Downtown Dunnville, just a stones throw from the beautiful Grand River. I offer a wide selection of 20th & Mid-Century Modern Furniture, Lighting and Decor. We also have 17 bins full of vintage vinyl records, vintage toys, Art pottery and West German pottery, Vintage Barware, Advertising Signs, Vintage Sports Cards, Antique Cast Iron farm implements, and tools and pretty much everything Nostalgic. The weird and elegant. The funky, and downright ugly. The cool stuff your parents threw away when you moved out. Its all here.

Please check with the Facebook group for Store hours as i post weekly updates on that group